Everything you need to know about facial serums
Ever wonder how some people have skin that always looks glowing and dewy from within? It’s almost like their skin is glass and reflects light. No kidding. Well, it’s likely that they use a facial serum as part of their skincare routine, helping their skin look radiant and youthful, as well as glassy and dewy.
Serums are a vital part of any skincare regime. They are light weight, water based and contain a high proportion of active ingredients that penetrate deep into the skin to nourish, replenish and hydrate it. While serums can be used as standalone products, incorporating them into your skincare routine aimed at keeping your skin looking fresh and healthy, and using them alongside other moisturizers and facial oils can do wonders. They many benefits of using a facial serum include improved skin texture, minimized appearance of pores, reduced wrinkles and fewer breakouts.
Do you want to include serums into your skincare regime but are not sure how to? Do not worry, because we’ve got your back! We will guide you with everything you need to know about this product and how it can do wonders for your skin! So keep on reading to find out more!
Types of Facial Serums
Whether you want to target dark spots, wrinkles or fine lines, a serum which is appropriately formulated can deliver the desired results if they used regularly. Following are the most common types of serums targeting different areas of the skin.
- Brightening serums are an excellent choice for those looking for a brighter and even skin tone. These serums contains active ingredients such as vitamin C which helps in reducing the appearance of dark spots, age spots and discoloration. It also helps in boosting the production of collagen which lends firmness to the skin. Brightening serums should be used at least twice a day after cleansing.
- Anti-aging serums are designed to prevent or reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging of the skin by providing the skin extra hydration by locking in the moisture. The active ingredients in them help in boosting collagen synthesis which in turn restores the skin’s elasticity and also softens the appearance of the existing fine lines. Anti-aging aging serums can be applied during the day or night depending on their formulation. It must be applied after the cleanser but before the moisturizer for better absorption into the deeper skin layers.
- Oil control serums are the perfect product for you if you have oil or combination skin because they help in regulation of oil production without stripping off the natural oils of the skin. The mattifying ingredients such as clay in oil control serums help in absorbing the excess sebum while also balancing the pH levels of the skin so that you do not end up with dry patches or inflammed skin. These types of serum are also great as they have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Hydrating serums contain hydrators such as hyaluronic acid which help in providing deep hydration to the skin. These types of serums are best for dry complexion because not only do they replenish the lost moisture but also protect the skin from harmful UV rays that cause premature aging. Hydrating serums can be used in the morning and also at night.
How to use a serum
The amount of serum that is required depends on your skin type and the particular issues you are trying to target. Generally, a pea sized amount is enough for the whole face but if you have dry skin or have certain areas such as the under eye which require extra love, then you may use a little bit more. However, make sure not to go overboard with it as it will leave your skin feeling sticky.
When using a serum, there are different techniques depending on what type of ingredients are present in it.
- If you are using an oil based serum, press it gently into the skin using circular motions from the forehead down to the chin. This will help the serum to penetrate deeper into the pores which will help in keeping the skin hydrated well enough during the day and night.
- When using brightening serums which contain vitamin C, use a gentle tapping motion around the problem areas such as dark spots and acne marks, as this will help in stimulating circulation and will brighten up the affected area!
- As anti-aging serums are rich in antioxidants and peptides such as retinol, pat instead of rubbing as the rigorous motion can cause irritation to the skin. This method will also help in better absorption of the product.
Choosing the right serum
When choosing a serum for your skin, it is important to understand your skin type and what it needs. Knowing your skin type, whether it is oily, dry or combination, will help you find the product that is suitable for your skin.
The Leovard Serum stands out amongst its counterparts due to its ability to work wonders for almost all skin types, including sensitive, dry and even oily skin. It contains hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and green tea along with several botanical oils to meet your hydrating needs, white willow and ginger to balance excess oil as well as lavender and chamomile to soothe and calm inflammed and irritated skin. Regular use leaves the skin looking youthful and refreshed and can easily become your holy grail owing to the transformative results!
Serums are a vital part of any skincare routine and provide numerous benefits to the skin. They are designed to penetrate deep into the layers of skin where they help in improving the skin’s complexion and discoloration, while also reducing fine lines and wrinkles. However, it is very important to choose a serum that meets the exact requirement of your skin type.
We hope the above discussion will make choosing one well suited for your skin a little less daunting! Until next time, ciao!
Leave a comment