“Glowing skin is always in.”
We all want a radiant complexion, and a beautiful glowing skin. However, a tell-tale of our skin’s health, naturally glowing skin seems to be elusive for the most part for many of us. And why wouldn’t that be the case when so many of us do only the bare minimum for our skin?
We deprive our bodies of sleep and healthy nourishment, living off processed foods and top it up with extreme levels of stress and then wonder why our skin looks as dull as it does. Because like it or not, beautiful skin starts with good skincare and a healthy lifestyle.
However, the good news is that our skin is easily appeased and just a few tweaks can help bring back the lost radiance and glow. That includes drinking plenty of water, having a diet rich in greens and curating an effective skincare routine and sticking to it religiously.
For glowing skin your skincare routine need not be too complicated and consist of numerous steps. A short and quick one can be just as effective. Just make sure to incorporate the following few steps:
- Cleanse regularly: Cleansing is the very first step towards having radiant and glowing skin. Cleansing helps remove debris like dirt, pollution and excess oil that can cause the pores to clog, resulting in dull and uneven skin. Make sure to buy a cleanser that is gentle and well suited to your skin type. If the product is too harsh then it can strip off the natural oils from your skin, in turn making it dry and flaky. If it’s too gentle, it won’t be effective in clearing away excess oil. We recommend the Leovard Multicleanser, formulated using the most premium of ingredients to help you achieve an even and radiant complexion. It contains oatmeal which is a natural cleanser as well as papaya extract which helps to gently slough away dead skin cells as well as fade acne scars and hyperpigmentation, leaving you with bright and glowing skin.
- Exfoliate: The most effective way of attaining radiant and glowing skin is to exfoliate. Exfoliation removes the upper layer of dead skin cells, in turn making the skin look smoother and clearer. Use a physical exfoliant such as a face scrub two to three times a week or go for a chemical exfoliant such as a face peel once a week depending on the skin type.
- Moisturise: Do not, I repeat do not, forget to apply a hydrating moisturiser after you are done cleansing your face. This will help your skin lock in the moisture, making it supple and dewy. Make sure the moisturizer you opt for is not too heavy or thick as it can lead to clogged pores. Instead, look for one that contains ingredients such as aloe vera, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid, like the Leovard Multicream, which is suitable for all skin types.
- Protect: Sunscreen is a must for all types of skin. Applying sunscreen on all the exposed areas of skin protects it from the harmful UV rays from the sun which can cause irreversible damage to the skin. Sunscreen also reduces the appearance of sun spots and hyperpigmentation, helping your skin look radiant and glowing.
Now to the part you’ve all been waiting for; DIY face masks that will help you achieve the glowing skin you are aiming for.
Normally, we associate a face mask with going to a spa to unwind, destress and get all the relaxation you need after a long day. However, not everyone has the luxury and time to go to a spa whenever they want and just have a relaxing moment just for themselves. Well, because life.
However, that is not a problem anymore. You can DIY various face masks to get the glowing skin you want so badly with only a few ingredients that are already present in your kitchen! So let’s get into some easy to make face masks that will leave your skin looking rejuvenated and even more beautiful!
Turmeric face mask DIY recipe
- Combine one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of turmeric and mix it until well combined together.
- Apply the mask onto your face for about 15-20 mins.
- Rinse off the mask with lukewarm water.
- Finish it off with your daily moisturiser.
Both honey and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties, and combining them both together will help in brightening up your skin.
Avocado face mask DIY recipe
- Mash one avocado
- Add two tablespoon of plain yoghourt
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil
- Add one teaspoon of honey
- Mix everything well together
- Apply for 15-20 mins
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Avocados are full of omega-3 fatty acids which assist in the moisturising process. Combined with olive oil and honey, it will add the extra softness that your skin is lacking.
Strawberry DIY face mask
- Take half a cup of mashed strawberries
- Mix in half a cup of yogurt
- Add in one fourth cup of honey
- Mix together
- Apply to the face and neck for 5-10 mins
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Strawberries have strong astringent properties and are anti-inflammatory in nature, while yogurt helps brighten the skin.
Achieving the glowing and radiant skin that you want so badly, is not a one time thing. Rather, you have to strive to maintain it, every single day. You need to make better choices, and consistently do what has proven to work, like the tips mentioned above. All this will help you maintain the glowy skin you worked so hard for!