Who does not love a good ripe avocado? Well, the answer is no one! You can use avocados in salads, make a delicious toast and even whip up guacamole with it. However, there is more to the fruit (yes, fruit) than just tasting good! The green fruit, full of creaminess, has a lot of nutrients that help in strengthening your heart and also has multiple benefits for your skin and hair.
Keep on reading to find out how avocado can do wonders for your skin and hair.
Avocado is mostly found in skincare and hair care products as an oil. Avocado oil is a little different from other types of oil as its extraction method differs from the rest. While most oils are extracted from the seeds of the fruits, avocado oil is extracted from the pulp of the avocado. This oil has many healthy nutrients such as vitamin E, potassium, fatty acids, chlorophyll and lecithin. Avocado oil can be used in both organic and refined forms but it is better to use it in its natural form as the fruit is cold pressed during extraction. This means that no heat is used in the process of the extraction, preventing the nutrients from getting destroyed.
Continue reading to find out more about avocado oil and its benefits.
Benefits of avocado oil for hair and skin
- Makes your hair soft and healthy: Avocado oil is the perfect leave-in conditioner which helps in restoring your dry and lifeless hair by providing moisture and softness to it. Make sure to apply an even amount of oil to the hair when the hair is still damp. Since avocado oil is rich in vitamin B and E it will make your hair softer, silkier and an absolutely beautiful sight to behold.
- Moisturizes skin: Avocado oil is full of nutrients such as potassium and lecithin which provide various benefits to skin. It easily absorbs into the skin and helps in smoothing out and preventing further wrinkles and fine lines while also making your skin more plump and supple. Avocado oil is best suited for people with itchy and sensitive skin because this oil provides a gentle and non-irritating relief.
- Cures skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis: Avocado is full of vitamins and antioxidants that does wonders for dry and flaky skin which often is the result of skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It helps to maintain the skin’s barrier, promotes the synthesis of collagen, while also expediting the healing of wounds, making it great for inflamed and sensitive skin.
- Improves wound healing: Avocado oil contains a rich content of oleic acid and essential fatty acids that are a viable option for treating wounds while also boosting collagen production. Also, the essential fatty acid helps in keeping inflammation at bay during the healing process.
- Reduces signs of aging: Thanks to environment pollution and sun exposure, our skin is the very first organ to take the hit. Avocado oil contains the highest concentration of lutein and zeaxanthin than any other fruit or vegetable, which helps in protecting the skin from harmful UV rays and other detrimental forms of radiations. The healthy fats found in avocado also help in retaining the skin’s elasticity, making it look youthful and radiant for long.
- Can be used as a makeup remover: Avocado oil contains soluble lipids that help in dissolving the dirt and gunk that collects on the skin throughout the day without stripping off the natural oils of the skin and making it drier. It can be used just as any other makeup remover; simply put a few drops on a cotton ball and gently remove all the makeup from the face followed by washing it off with a gentle face wash.
Here at Leovard, we take pride in the fact that our product portfolio contains a wide range of products, ranging from cleansers and tonics to serum and oils, all of which can do wonders for your skin and hair. All of our products are one hundred percent organic and free from artificial fragrances and allergens.
Leovard’s Oil Fusion stands out because of its exceptional ingredient list and is a one stop solution for all your skin and hair problems. It is a concoction of eleven premium botanical oils such as hemp seed oil, pure avocado oil, organic argan oil and many more. Applying this oil onto your skin will make it stand out by leaving it glowy and radiant and make your hair thick, long and luscious. It can be used as a facial oil, massage oil, hair oil and an all-over body oil, allowing you to reap maximum benefits in all its forms.
Building a skincare and haircare routine that is suitable for you can be quite tiresome, however, it is not impossible! Try to incorporate products, such as the Oil Fusion, that are organically derived and free from any additives to make the most of them and see a visible transformation after just a few uses.