When it comes to different skincare and cosmetic products, you might have seen the ingredient list of different brands, that mainly consists of coconut oil, castor oil and aloe vera. Another common oil that you might have noticed would be argan oil. Argan oil is known for its golden hue, nutty aroma and light texture that makes your skin look, smell and feel luxurious!
Keep on reading to find out what argan oil is and what wonders it can do for your skin and hair.
What is argan oil?
Argan oil is expressed from the seeds of the argan tree that is found in the native area in southwestern Morocco. Argan oil is so rich in nutrients such as vitamin E, fatty acids, squalene and antioxidants that have numerous benefits for the skin and hair.
Argan oil falls in the category of oils that are not too heavy nor too light, and are perfect for all skin and hair types. Unlike other oils such as coconut oil and olive oil which are highly comedogenic, which means that these types of oil will clog the pores, argan oil has a lesser chance of doing so. Using argan oil in your routines will help in keeping your skin moisturized, acne at bay and will also make your hair long and beautiful.
Benefits of Argan oil
- Works as a conditioner for hair: The molecules of argan oil are smaller compared to other oils which makes it easier for it to penetrate the hair cuticles making them softer and easy to manage as there will be less tangles and dryness. Because of its moisturizing properties, argan oil works best as a conditioner and mask for the hair.
- Reduces signs of aging: As the argan oil has nourishing properties, it may help your skin appear youthful. It also supports the maintenance and repair of the skin, thus receding the signs of aging. Research has suggested that if argan oil is consumed or directly applied on to skin, it increases the skin’s elasticity and hydrates it.
- Treats acne: Argan oil is non-comedogenic and helps in balancing the production of natural oils of the skin without clogging the pores. Argan oil is also known to reduce sebum levels in individuals with oily skin. People suffer from hormonal acne due to excess production of sebum that is caused by hormones. Since argan oil has anti-sebum effects, this will help in regulating the amounts of sebum on the skin and help in treating the different types of acne making your complexion clearer and smoother.
- Treats dandruff: Argan oil contains essential fatty acids, vitamins and many other nourishing ingredients that moisturize and hydrate the scalp thereby reducing itching and dryness.
- Stretch mark remedy: According to research, argan oil hydrates and improves the elasticity of the skin. Improved skin elasticity and hydration leads to fewer stretch marks. Argan oil contains vitamin E and vitamin A that rejuvenate the skin and also moisturize it, making it less likely for stretch marks to form.
- Treats different skin conditions: Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating different skin conditions such as psoriasis and rosacea. For best results, directly apply argan oil onto the skin affected with psoriasis.
- Tames frizz: Many women complain of frizzy hair and let me tell you no one likes frizzy and unkempt hair! Argan oil is rich in omega 9, omega 3 and vitamin E that help in keeping even the driest hair moisturized, making them appear smoother and silkier. Argan oil has smaller molecules that penetrate into the scalp and hair more easily and faster, leaving them soft and luscious.
Here, at Leovard, we have a wide product portfolio ranging from cleansers and moisturizers to serums and oils, all of which can do wonders for your skincare and hair care routine. Leovard’s Oil Fusion stands out owing to its amazing list of ingredients and can easily become the solution to all your skincare and haircare woes. It is a concoction of eleven premium botanical oils such as pure argan oil, pure avocado oil, organic hemp oil and many more. Using this oil will make your hair thick, luscious and long and will give your skin a radiant and glowy look. What makes it even more amazing is that it can be used all over the body!
Building a routine that works for you can be quite troublesome and take a lot of effort. Incorporating products that are organically produced can help you achieve the desired results. Products with argan oil that are organically produced and free of additives, are easily available in the market, like the products available at Leovard. They are all safe to use and can greatly transform your skin and hair care.